Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Posts That Changed My Life


eurovision denmark jokers masquerade sleeves

Maybe changed my life is slightly poetic or over-the-top. But perhaps, made me stop to think or helped shape me as a person. Or a new mantra to live by. That 'ah-ha' moment. 

As cheesy as it sounds, everyone who's involved in this blogging community knows how life changing it can be. The people you meet to the opportunities that come up. But for me personally, some of those life-changing moments happened when I  read a blog post that just spoke to me. Or gave me a proverbial wake up call. 

Or just convinced me to change my diet. 

1. The blog post that told me that everything was going to be okay
Sarah of Yes and Yes has said that her 31 Things I've Learned in 31 Years post is one of her most popular to date. And I can see why. There's several nuggets of wisdom in there (such as buying the second cheapest vodka). But it was advice number 14 that kicked me in my gut at a time when I needed it: 

"There are 300 million people in America. And 6,000,000,000 in the world. I promise you, you’ll love someone else. You’ll meet new friends. You’ll find co-workers and neighbors that are awesome. If it’s too hard (or if someone is making you feel bad) walk away. There are a million other people out there who won’t make you feel bad!"

I'm not the best at walking away from situations I'm not happy with any more - which stems from my inability to stick up for myself. I've let far too many things - such as friendships, relationships or projects - run on past their expiration date. It's still not my strong point but this blog post is the one I turn to when I know what needs to be done. 

2. The blog post which made me go vegetarian
If you think I'm going to share with you an article about slaughter house mistreatment, you're wrong. I'm actually going to share with you a post on how to get over a break-up (not your traditional giving up meat story but bear with me). The blog is no longer maintained but you can find an archived version of the post here. In it Kate advises us to keep looking after our health after a break-up (awesome advice!) and suggests that maybe a new approach to food might help at this point in your life, perhaps vegetarianism? 

So, the secret's out that I didn't go veggie for the animals, but instead to mend a broken heart. (In seriousness though I had toyed with vegetarianism for most of my life, this was just the moment I got pushed over).

3. The blog post that made me go cruelty-free
I've spoken before about how it was Louise who woke me up to the realities of the beauty industry. Way back in 2012 I stumbled upon her Twitter, then had a nosey at her blog and my purchasing habits were changed forever.

4. The one that reminded me that I needed to trust my gut more
You know people sometimes come with red flags? And that sometimes you'll see these red flags but not do anything to keep this person at distance (or worse, fall madly in love with them)? Yeah. Anyway, here's Alle bullet pointed how-to for spotting terrible people. She was basically saying things I already knew, but hearing someone else say them gave me the confidence to put them into practice.

5. The one that just changed my outlook all together
When I started penning this post I knew I had to throw in some Gala Darling. But I've been struggling to pick just one post. While Gala has went a bit more voo-doo and witchy on us in recent years (not my cup of tea) her writing from five years ago did turn my life around. If I have to pick something it would be her Love & Sequins series, which isn't even technically a blog post and isn't even up for purchase anymore. Second to that, I almost chose the post that changed my stationary habits forever (I'm not even exaggerating). And this one on her six year blogiversary stands out too. Everything I know about life I learned from this lady. Stationary and all.

Are there any blog posts out there that moved something inside you and taught you lessons that have stayed with you?

QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely now off to read these! They all sound like really inspiring posts, which is what I need right now! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();