Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Updates to my cruelty-free brand list




This past months I've e-mailed more brands than I have in any month before, and have many new additions to make. Unfortunately I have not had a reply from most of these companies which is obviously discouraging. My current to-ask list is made up of brands I have found via bloggers in the organic beauty niche therefore are mostly natural, British and independent, meaning they are unlikely to test. However if brands are not willing to e-mail me back then I have no choice but to not endorse them. So even though a lot of the brands listed below are unlikely to test due to the very nature of their products, without written confirmation I have no option but to state that they are grey area. Which kind of breaks my heart, really.

Adam and Eve Skincare

This is a Leaping Bunny certified company however like all companies I still fired them off an e-mail in order to ask them about vegan options, They haven't replied. However I do trust Leaping Bunny so they'll be added to cruelty-free, but if you're not a big Leaping Bunny fan you may want to bare this lack of reply in mind. 

Added to: cruelty-free

Apicare

This is still pending. I have received a reply from the company regarding finished goods and ingredients and where they have stockists in which they also state that they have accredidation to support this. However I cannot find which accreditation this is on their website (and I have looked on Go Cruelty Free) so it is on my to-do list to find out which accreditation this is. 

Added to: n/a

Bath & Body Works

Following the news that there had been a change in status I have removed them from cruelty-free and it looks as though other lines owned by Limited Brands are heading in the same direction.

Added to: testing. 

Beatitude

It's very unlikely this brand which is manufactured in Britain and uses natural ingredients is animal-tested, however I stand by my rules for getting on my list. No reply, no endorsement. 

Added to: no reply

Chuckling Goat

Because all of their products are based on goats milk this is not a brand with vegan options however I received a very reassuring e-mail that they are a cruelty-free brand. 

Added to: cruelty-free

Lyonsleaf

I had a very detailed response from this brand and we even began an e-mail exchange regarding the topic of animal testing. They also mark out their vegan products on their website.

Added to: cruelty-free and vegan suitable

Nom Nom Skincare

This brand has such lovely branding and a cute concept, however they have no statement on their website and when I e-mailed they gave no reply. 

Added to: no statement

Pure Lakes Skincare

On their website they have went into detail about natural ingredients and recycled packaging but didn't mention animal testing and - we know where this is going - they also never replied to my e-mail. 

Added to: no reply

PurelyPuti

Purelyputi got back to me with a very detailed response. They do have products suitable for vegans and they have plans to find a substitute for the honey powder used in their products.

Added to: cruelty-free

Tiddley Pom

This brand got back to me with a very detailed response and they clearly know their stuff about Chinese and European regulations (however I did find them a bit rude and patronising). Though I believe they are cruelty-fee, they unfortunately didn't answer my vegan question.  

Added to: cruelty-free 

Toulou Organics

As a handmade and organic brand I really want to add them to my cruelty-free list but without a reply I cannot. Sorry. 

Added to: no reply

Have you researched these brands yourself? Do you think I'm being harsh given the nature of their products and the unlikelihood of animal testing? 

Morag x

P.S. Remember to check out which other brands are on my cruelty-free list, my vegan friendly list and my vegan food guide
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are being harsh at all. Whilst I agree that it is unlikely small, independent business test their finished products on animals, it is likely that the ingredients have been tested by a third-party. I always think that if a brand is truly cruelty free they will want to shout it from the rooftops, so little or no information is always a no-go in my book x

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();