Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

The Vegan Fete @ The Flying Duck










In keeping with yesterday's very obvious vegan theme, I have a few photos from the Vegan Fete last Saturday held at The Flying Duck in Glasgow. I went to another Vegan Fete back in April and did find this one quite same-y as the last one with a lot of the same stalls. I seen on Twitter that Karris and The Vegan Kind were at a business event but a new stall in the form of Glasgow Mega Death who sell hot sauces were there, and I did last month buy one of their sauces for Alan, and I really need to chase him up on what that was like (he also did almost get some sort of spicy nuts, but they had 'cry like a girl' on the back so I put that back...). Missy's Vegan Cupcakes were there as normal and the pink cupcake you see in the finally picture was Strawberry Daiquiri which was glorious and gobbled down before I left. I also had a £5 'express massage' which was kind of shit though my mum liked hers (am I the only person who dislikes 'pressure' massages and would rather someone just drew on my back?).

As for The Flying Duck itself I don't think I've ever given it a review despite having stepped inside of it more times than most other venues in Glasgow. It's a vegan cafe during the day and a nightclub once 11pm comes around. It's definitely of the student and hipster persuasion (my mum called it an 'eclectic mix of people')and I could understand why some people wouldn't take to it. I personally find the food to be of a similar quality I can cook up myself but the nightclub is one of my favourites and is my go-to choice when I want a night at a bar/club hybrid and something a bit chilled rather than a raucous night (that's what The Catty is for...).

Morag x

P.S. Like The Flying Duck on Facebook to keep an eye on up-coming dates.
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();