Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Marvel and nightclub wristbands


etsy marvel skirt scottish bloggeretsy marvel skirt orange nail polishmarvel etsy skirt and vansetsy marvel skirt dundee

Black top: Primark
Denim jacket: New Look (old)
Shoes: Vans
Ring: Morgan Clare *
Bag: Unsure
Nail Polish: Barry M

Anyone who doesn't like clothes with pop culture references should probably not be subscribed to my blog. We've had Bart Simpson, Clueless, and now it's time for Marvel to make a show (I also received a Dennis the Mennis hat in a goody bag recently, and I'm not going to lie that I'm considering wearing it in public). I'd like to somewhat pretend that I came across this skirt on Etsy by accident, but I didn't. I actually typed 'Marvel dress' into Google and came across several dresses and skirts using this fabric - settling on Pick'n'Mix due to it's UK location (it was made and sent out to me within two days - thumbs up!). 

This is the outfit I wore on a recent trip back to Dundee for a joint coming home from Australia/leaving for Southampton party for two of my friends. And as much as I love the skirt I felt I needed to team it with something simple - so black almost the whole way down (the denim jacket was very much a last minute addition). During the last few weeks both pairs of my beloved Converse finally packed in and despite my long term love affair for the brand I decided to buy a pair of Vans instead (my bank balance didn't approve). I do love Converse but I think Vans are a little bit more understated and dainty. The addition of white sock was for no reason that I cut my ankle and wasn't some extra padding round that area (practical, I am). 

(In truth these photos were taken the morning after - hence the classy Kage Nightclub wristband still on my wrist haha - and I actually wore three quarter leggings which, when I look back at some attempted outfit photos in the dark, I realise looked a bit MySpace)

I also experimented a bit with Bleach London hair dye and tried to do a wash in orange to red ombre, in order to highlight what accidentally happened to my hair a few weekends ago. I already owned the I Saw Red shade, but I purchased the Wash Out Orange to use on my roots. I know that Bleach shades don't show up well if your hair is darker but I read that if you use them on dry hair and leave for longer than recommended you can gain some colour. My hair isn't a proper faux-sunset but when I look back at the photos here (and also from the nightclub photogrpaher) I can see a brighter shade of ginger near the crown of my head. 

Love and comics and such

Morag x

QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE marvel clothes! Any kind of pop culture clothes tbh! I have a clueless tee and I am not ashamed to say i have searched marvel dresses too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I love how it just looks like a colourful pattern at first glance and then you realise what it is .

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();