Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Some new additions to château de mo


In my goals for 2014 post I mentioned that I wanted to initiate more of effort to make my flat (of a year and half) a bit more 'homely' and not just run out to buy more home wares every time I knew their would be a soirée soon. I've been buying a few bits and bobs this past months (thanks to Glasgow city council only charging council tax 10 months of a year) and thought I share a few of my new finds. 

Letterpress and dog cushion style cushion

Dog cushion: Style Furniture via TKMaxx

I love Scrabble memorabilia whether it's mugs, rings or bed covers. I had been eyeing up these Scrabble cushions on notonthehighstreet.com (where I eye up just about everything) for ages and only just got round to buying them. The dog cushion is from Style Furnishings via TKMaxx - I do love it individually as a cushion but it just doesn't look quite right in the living room so I might chuck it in the spare room for a guest or flog it on eBay. 

out there interiors deer head

Wooden dear head: Out There Interiors *

A couple of weeks ago Out There Interiors got in contact to ask if I wanted something from their range sent to me. They stock plenty of bizarre and quirky pieces and naturally I went for one of the oddest - a wooden deer head. I'm still moving this about my bedroom to find the correct place - was originally going to be on one side of the wall my headboard is against to even out the cuckoo clock I bought last year but I prefer the contrast of the white wall beside my window (the rest of my room is a dark purple). Still, I love this and laugh every time I see its wee face.

ikea and letterpress table stuff

E serving dish: Letterpress, Everything Else:  IKEA 

Out of my Glasgow pals, my flat is the most appropriate for get-togethers. Bundle that up with the fact that I'm now approaching my mid-twenties, I decided it was high time I did a grown up thing and invest in some proper serving plates and glassware for when guest are over (and not expect them to eat off of paper plates and drink vodka out of mugs). I still went for pink bowls and polka dot trays so I'm not an old lady quite yet. 

And if you're wondering why I selected an 'E' - there's an event in May I'm already making preparations for. #alwayshaveaeurovisionparty

naturally tkmaxx perfume

Naturally via TKMaxx (can't find company website)

This is a small trinket I managed to pick up the homeware dream that is TKMaxx. It's a just a small girly cage filled with pot pourri - but it is a very lovely smelling and high quality pot pourri at that! It sits on the table just inside our hallway and creates a really nice ambience when people walk in or when we've had a long day at work. 

Next up on flat decoration: I've ordered the baskets for my balcony garden (finally) which is the last piece of equipment I needed to get started on growing my own little urban vegetable patch.  

Morag x
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how much money I've spent on homewares just this last month alone, I've suddenly become obsessed and the fact that I'm going to have a *proper* flat come September is spurring me on even more... I never used to be a candle or cushion person but in the past week I have bought a grand total of 6 candles (!!!) and 3 cushions... hm.

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love the deer head! This post is making me want to go shopping! Might end up with an unfurnished property so il have a hell of a lot of shopping to do if thats the case :/ xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();