Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sup 2014? we're going to have fun with goals



As we all know I'm a bit of a to-do list and resolution fan. I'm not planning on making that many this year as last year I made a massive list which I didn't get all the way through so I want to continue working on it, and not give myself too many goals to complete in one year.  

2013 wasn't a bad year, but it was a boring year as I felt myself hit that plateau of 'holy fuck I'm an adult now' and struggled with self-identity and questioning what I really wanted. I have a few private goals which aims to work on this (which I won't reveal here) but I've put up a list of some of my other goals as putting it on the internet makes me more likely to do them.

Take up a sport again
If you follow me on Twitter on Instagram you'd think I was a big running nut. But actually I'm not. Throughout university (and other parts of my life) I was a sporty person who danced, played netball and swam out of a genuine love of the activity, rather than for the hell of it. I only ever ran or cycled during the summers to keep my fitness levels up and despite my efforts to become a serious runner, it didn't happen.

I'm already looking at pools in Glasgow, but if you know of any netball teams or dance/cheerleading troups give me a holla (or any other sports you reckon I should try).

Be more of a social initiator
Towards the end of last year it occurred to me that I have only been in three Glasgow nightclubs and about five bars and maybe six restaurants. It's not that I don't know anyone in Glasgow it's more that I've never been one to organise a night out. In a previous life in Dundee I didn't have to organise anything as there was almost always an invite on the table but if I want to create my previous socialite lifestyle (I kid, I kid, sort of) I need to start being the centre of it.

Focus on doing up my flat
I live in a gorgeous flat that I love calling mine. But it's still somewhat bare. Most of the decorative parts were purchased by me and my flatmate in a rush to make our abode look more 'alive' in approach of people actually coming over. I'd like to dedicate some more of my paycheck to making my house more of a home, even if we rarely do get guests.

Watch more tv/films
Huh, what? Don't people usually vow to watch less tv? Most people do, yes, but let me elaborate. I've always been a pop culture savant but last year I began to feel as though my pop culture knowledge was dated. I know there's always been jokes about me being stuck in the 90's (2004 at the latest) but last Halloween I didn't 'get' some people's outfits. Let re-hit the box and get caught up on something filmed this side of 2005.  

Blog goals
I haven't set that many as I'm liking the way my little piece of the internet is shaping up. I mentioned last Sunday that I would be retiring my In This Week series, and any beady eyed readers might have spotted that I haven't done many Things I Love Thursdays in a while. This has been on purpose as it began to feel like a chore (a sign I have naturally outgrown these posts) and my blog almost began to read like a magazine rather than a blog (and became the sort of blog I didn't like to read). I popped up my new layout last night, but I will still need to tidy things up and I'm planning to buy my url in the next few days (simply because it looks better on a business card lawl).

Nevertheless some of these goals will take up a considerable amount of my time (especially when you include the goals I am rolling over from last year) but as I now adjust to full-time work and actually doing something after 5pm, I see no reason why I can't fit in some modern TV show watching and an afterwork swim.

Hope you have a lovely 2014, and if you have any resolution posts send them over as they're one of my favourites to read.


Morag
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
1 Comments
Share :

1 comment:

  1. Loving the new layout, Morag! I wish I could bring myself to get back in to netball but after a long health based hiatus I feel like it's been way too long. Happy new year, I hope 2014 is everything you want it to be x

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();