Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Edinburgh: The Purple Pig




As mentioned in my Sunday post, whilst through in Edinburgh for Halloween I met up with my old uni friend (who has thought about starting a blog, but hasn't boo!) for some lunch and a catch-up. We were originally planning on the The Two Thin ladies but it was closed for repairs, so we headed to The Purple Pig nearby (it's within the Tollcross area, near Cav). 

I was feeling quite delicate from the Halloween celebrations the night before so opted for a simple greek salad: 

Those falafel were heavenly. There was also a 'comforting macaroni cheese' on the menu, which my hungover self was half-tempted by but my stomach decided it wasn't quite ready for anything heavier than small lumps of feta cheese.

My friend was fresh as a daisy because she celebrated Halloween a day before me and just needed some carrot cake before she headed to do a library session.




We stayed in the café's relaxed surroundings for a chat about coursework, beauty and food before I headed back to pick up my stuff before my trip up the Aberdeenshire countryside (and she went to read-up on readings for her masters).


Morag
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();