Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Things I Love Thursday: Some forced bed rest



Do not let that little plaster full you. Beneath it lies a hefty cut that has had me resting instead of being my normal 100mph self. 

On Tuesday night I forgot to check that a hand blender was off before trying to dish out some stuck chickpeas. Needless to say that wasn't the best decision I've ever made and resulted in a loss of blood, a lot of pain and the biggest fear ever that I no longer had a full index finger. 

Thankfully I still have my finger though the lack of feeling in it did make me really scared to initially check. And then I had to lie down with some kitchen roll due to shock and blood leaving my system. Two and half hours later I was standing again. But I did spend most of Wednesday feeling weak. 

So I've been taking it easy. But chilling and staying still aren't my strongest points. I have been going to bed at 9pm each night but I have discovered these early nights make it easier to get up in the morning. I believe I must keep this up even once that pesky cut on my finger closes up.

This may have been not the worst thing for a lot of people but I can't give blood because my body doesn't cope well with the process. What is a drop for some people is like a gallon for me. How I've been feeling these past two days is similar to the way I felt when I first tried to donate blood (which ended in bandages and bed rest). 

So this week I am grateful that 1) I still have ten fingers and 2) I've gotten some rest because whilst I like to pretend I'm half-robot, I'm not.

Lots of love, and a reminder to not put your finger in a hand blender. 

Morag
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();