Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Things I Love Thursday: Being Cruelty-Free



As you maybe heard (if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook then you most likely did) the campaigning has worked and the European Union has agreed that testing on animals will be banned on either products made in Europe or products being important.

Can I get a hurray

I am mega excited about this move (obviously!) and was absolutely cheesing from ear to ear. I'm not going to re-gurge what the reports have said but will instead dedicated this Thursdays post to what I really love about being a cruelty-free person/beauty blogger/aficionado!

I feel like I'm doing something good for the world. Top of the list is a clear conscience. I love beauty, and I use about 25 products daily but it makes me feel so good to know that about 90% of that has not been tested on animals. The 10% will be gone as soon as I used up the last of my Benefit products. 

I practice what I preach.  Ever thought something was wrong but never took any action? Think global warming is terrible but always insist on taking the car? Hate sexism but still use the word slut to describe a girl who dares to have casual sex? Hey, we're all guilty of not acting out our beliefs but at least when it comes to cosmetics when I state I think animal testing is wrong I can also state that I incorporate this belief into my lifestyle.  

It's a great talking point between other cruelty-free beauty bloggers. My list of beauty blogs is always growing but when I come across another cruelty-free blog I'm all OMGEEEELOVE! And judging by some of my messages and comments I get I'm not the only one who gets a bit  over-excited.

I can call myself a true animal lover. It's time for the preachy part, yo! No matter how much you love your little Scottish Terrier you cannot call yourself an animal lover if you're willing to purchase a lipstick that harmed an animal in the process. Some people justify loving animals but eating meat because cows aren't kept as pets and I can sort of grasp that - but bunnies are commonly used for cosmetics testing and I've known quite a few people who've had those as pets.

I've discovered so many new brands. Yes, when you go cruelty-free you'll need to give up a few brands. MAC, Dior, Estee Lauder, Smashbox and Benefit have amazing products but they also burn out the eyes of a mouse in order to produce them. Instead of limiting myself to a few brands I've opened my horizon and discovered loads of new brands and experimented more than ever before to achieve my perfect look.

I've been cruelty-free for close to a year now after having discovered Louise's blog and it's now simply habit as I am well informed about what brands test and which don't so I just walk straight past the counters of those that do and head straight to the ones who don't. In the same way I'd avoid the meat aisle.

Lots and lots of Lush/Barry M/ Models Own/Soap & Glory/Illamasque love!


Morag
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
7 Comments
Share :

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited by this but I can't help feel like it's too good to be true!! When I see it put into action I will be pleased! Thanks for wee mention :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always grest to hear about brands that are cruelty free. My best gal has been making her entire make up kit vegan so am getting the full run down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy it finally came true in Europe! I can't wait 'til animal testing is banned everywhere in the world.
    Hopefully, since Europe is huge when it comes to cosmetics, it will help to end animal testing everywhere forever!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that nail polish, it's beautiful! This 'cruelty free' move sounds awesome. I think everyone needs to hear about this!

    Love Daniela (new fan) - ohellabella.blogspot.com

    P.s. I have a jewellery giveaway featured on my blog until tomorrow, if you'd like to check it out :) http://ohellabella.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/jewellery-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ! I just found your blog and liked your style :)

    I'm following you and if you would like to mine :

    www.dilarakoseler.blogspot.com

    Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great style and bog! really enjoyed reading through, lovely

    kitty xo; http://kittyhannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get so excited when I find other cruelty free blogs too! I'm really glad I've stumbled across yours (and Louise's blog is also one of my favourites).
    If you get a chance, have a look at my blog; I'm vegan so I am obsessed with everything cruelty free. :D xx
    www.notanimaltested.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();