Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Beauty Blogger tag



It's been a very long time since I've done any type of tag. The last few I've been tagged in have been repeats of previous tags so I left them out - but this one was different so decided to hit it up! Thank you to Hayley of Water Painted Dreams


Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?

I've actually began blogging in some sense of the word in 2004 back in the days of MSN Spaces, and since then I've had various blogs in the form of livejournal, myspace, vox and even my own domain name at one point. This particular blog was me being so inspired by other fashion/beauty bloggers and just deciding to grab the reigns. I had also woken up from a dream with my blog name so obviously I had to go ahead ;)

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

Hard to say but two blogs I loved even before my uni days which still exist are gala darling and twentyfourcarat.net. Though it was more llymlrs, yes and yes, sofia's journal and charade that inspired me to start this current one.

Most important part about doing a blog post?

As I work in marketing I find it really difficult not to be a complete perfectionist about one single blog post. Even on my personal blog I'm treating it the same way I would treat it as if I was posting on my company's blog. That means spelling, always including a relevant photos plus make it detailed but not long winded. 

What kind of camera do you use?

My DLSR is a Nikon D3100 (out of focus blog photo *cough*) and of course my phone for instagrams which is a HTC Evo 3D.

What was the first blogosphere hyped product you bought and was it worth the hype?

Benefit Confessions of a Concealaholic, which was worth the hype but I have since boycotted Benefit because of their decision to enter China. Other than that I'll say the Snow Fairy shower gel. 

What are your 5 favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?

1. The blogger meet-ups and some of the amazing lovelies I've met. We're like a different breed of people & I love how I can tweet and instagram whilst I'm with bloggers and they don't think I'm mental.
2. As I work in marketing it has been career boosting to say that I run a blog that is actually read by real people!
3. Getting really good recommendations from other beauty bloggers about good products. Rarely have I had a shit recommendation from a blogger (magazines on the other hand....).
4. Hearing someone say you've inspired them. It's a weird feeling but it's good to know you've touched someone's life in a good way through this medium. 
5. It's taboo to say this but I'm not going to lie - free stuff doesn't hurt. 

What have you learned from being a beauty blogger?

Sounds cheesy - but be yourself cause there are people out there who will take to the true you. I've always been a bit odd (veggie, almost vegan, boycott animal testing, feminist, use 30 products daily & document everything on the internet) but through blogging I've met people who are just like me. No offence IRL people...

Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?

I'm a lot more fashionable now! Should have seen me just two years ago...

What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?

Be polite
Comment on other blogs
Work your blog up to a standard then advertise it
Be patient
Offer all the main subscription options

You're favourite eyeshadow palette?

I'm not really an eyeshadow person tbh. 

The best beauty deal?

I'm going to steal Hayley's answer: "the £5 off No7 vouchers for sure!"

Make up regrets?

When I look back at my 13 year old self I think I look a bit chavvy lol. But no regrets - most people mess up make-up when they first start out. I still miss my scene days, so no regrets there..

Name your top 5 beauty brands?

1. Lush!!!!!
2. No7
3. Soap & Glory
4. Barry M
5. MeMeMe

Recommend your top 5 beauty products?

1. Lush Lemon Flutter nail butter
2. Soap & Glory body butter 
3. Zoya nail laquer.
4. Lush Herbalism face cleanser.
5. MeMeMe eyebrow tamer and highlighter duo.

Tag other bloggers to do this tag!
These babes who have recently followed!
Jenn
Courtney
Carlyn


Morag
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. it's a pretty photo! great post, i enjoyed reading it :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();