Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

In This Week



With my very last university coursework due this Tuesday, this past week has been a very academic one. So most photos show me eating food at a desk, or walking from my flat to the library or using 'stress relief' bubble bath so I am calm enough to do it all over again the next day. The Midouri was from a particularly stressful day where I just needed to unwind when I got home. Thankfully Midouri is non-hangover type alcohol. 

As always the only hobby that was still giving any attention during coursework week was cooking. This week I experimented with tofu and have to say I am just not really buying it. The dish I made contained honey so it's not exactly like it was being used for vegan purposes! The instructions meant I had to be there for ten minutes holding a book down on the Tofu covered in kitchen paper to absorb the moisture. And even then it still resembled scrambled eggs more than a chicken substitute. Have to give it to you vegans - you sure must be good in a kitchen! 

Also made myself home-made (you might have seen I accidentally said human-made on Twitter) rice pudding which was delish - and was vegan! Once you can cook a lot of veggie dishes you would surprised how many can then be converted in vegan ones. All the rice needed was soya milk instead of cow's milk, which gave it a really sweet taste! But being vegan would require a lot of cooking knowledge! I'm happy to just stick with vegetarianism. 

Also been watching loads of Vampire Diaries this week and I am now completely up-to-date with the current series - the show is full of suspense! I was introduced to the Vampire Diaries ages ago by an ex but we split on bad terms and it's only now I'm feeling okay admitting he introduced me to a good show haha! Can't wait until I work my way through all the old series now.  

Morag x

QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
2 Comments
Share :

2 comments:

  1. The first tofu I tried was silky and it broke up really easily and ended up like scrambld egg. The firmer stuff can also be purchased from the Chinese supermarket and stays together a lot better when stirfrying etc. I'd also recommend the bean curd squares if you haven't tried them - they absorb all the flavours of what you are cooking and are really nice - they don't last long though so best eat the whole back over a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever tried tofu actually! If you do find a good recipe for it you should do a post on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();