Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Review: Snowman Bath Creamer



Whilst I was down in Glasgow for the Scottish Blogger Meet I had a wee nosey 'round Glasgow's shopping areas. I spotted a little gem of a shop that I hadn't heard of before, Miss Bubblicious, in the Buchanan Galleries amongst all your usual high street names. Being a lover of anything bath related I had a nosey inside. 

Unfortunetly being on a bit of a budget I couldn't spend more than £10 so decided to pick up this Snowman bath creamer (the description made it sound as if it were similar to Lush bath melts) and some Bath Powder (which was a completely new concept to me so pick up despite a £7-ish price tag). I used this little Snowman in my bath last night and it was...different. It was probably along the lines of a Lush bath melts, but creamier, as the name suggests.

The snowman smells of what is probably a vanilla base however I truthfully want to say that it reminded me of a garden centre. However me being being really keen on garden centres (no sarcasm there) I popped it in my bath. 

Firstly, it melts really quickly, and softly; there is absolutely no fizziness. Which is a plus. However it does turn the water noticeably murky and white, not in a dirty way but in a white murky way - you could tell something had been added to the water. 

Secondly the water texture. There was a very noticeable difference to the thickness of the water, as in it did feel very thick and creamy - more so than a Lush bath melt. The water was also very smooth and soft, so it was different than I expected in a good way. 

The final point to note is that when I added Bubble Bath (My bubbles of choice is Radox) something just happened. I'm no scientist (believe me I detested science at school) but the chemicals (or natural products :P) in these products didn't go well together. Firstly the bubbles didn't grow to their usual heights despite my persistence to add more liquid - which was a really shame for me 'cause I like my bubbles BIG! Secondly the water began to feel more coarse. It wasn't the same creamy texture that I had felt before. 

Overall, would I buy this again? No. It wasn't shit though. As with the Gingerbread Tin I reviewed in December if you like small bubbles (or no bubbles at all in this case) then it would be a great product. However I love bubbles and anything that interferes with that is a no go. 

Morag. x

N.B. I cannot find any receipts for this shop or product so some facts may not be entirely factual. If you wish to correct me, feel free. 
QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();