Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Things I Love Thursdays #18


Credit Source: Ekaii

Ahhh, so no blog post in what could easily be close to a month? So what have I been up to? Well, a lot. But importantly because it's a Thursday it's time to talk about what's making me cheery and chirpy.

Meeting Loads of Like-Minded People
On Monday I was lucky enough to attend Social Media Week Glasgow. I have a full blog post on the event itself almost drawn up so for now I'll just say it was awesome! And left me with a fuzzy feeling. I met some fellow bloggers who were lovely in the flesh and also got some all important networking done.

Discovering A New Place
As mentioned I was down in Glasgow on Monday. Glasgow however is the city in Scotland I've probabaly spent least time in. I was brought up in Aberdeen, now live in Dundee, have a close friend in Edinburgh and used to be in a long distance relationship with someone in the Highlands so could always stop in Inverness on route to him. It was an absolutely amazing city! I've been looking seriously at where my work can take me and Glasgow has quite a few social media agencies located there and I could totally imagine living there.

Finally Living by Myself
Despite having a gut feeling that I should have lived myself a year ago. And boy should I have listened. After homelesses, the break down of a friendship and unpaid bills I learnt the hardway that I'm better off living myself. And now? I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it.

Back To A Job I Love
Today I had my first shift back at my university's Career Centre looking after their social media and overall advertising. It was a short shift so it was more or less getting caught up on what was happening soon and tidying up some loose ends. Much better than the waitressing job I had all summer where I was asked to work right after my theory test!

Having a Job Where You Can Expand Your Skills
Today at work I was also allowed to sit in on a meeting between the Students Association and the Careers Department over the upcoming Volunteering Fair. I'm also being allowed to help with some of the events management and workshops even though I'm officially called "Careers Information Assistant". And I've been approached by more departments within my university to do similar projects.

Being Approached For Something and Having The Guts To Do It
The Vice-President of my university's Student Association approached me to help him start up a Cupcake society, knowing that I'd definelty jump about with glee. I was meant to be meeting him further today but unfortunetly the Student Centre has a leaky pipe so that's being suspended until tomorrow. But still? Cupcake Society? That would definetly look interesting on a CV.

Being able to say "I survived that"
Despite all these Glasgow trips, a job I love and Cupcake societies, the main thing I am grateful for right now is that my life is 200% better than it was this time last year. I was homeless, had lost a friendship, my parents had to pay up a lot of money to get me out of the homelessness, my then relationship was breaking down, I wanted to leave university and I had a health scare. It was a dificult time, and admittedly, a very lonely time. Now I have a job I love, amazing friendships, secure financially, an active social life, and know what I want to do with my life. Couldn't be happier.

Morag x

QuickEdit
morag | mo adore
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @moadore

    limit: 6, sortBy: 'random', template: '
  • ', resolution: 'standard_resolution' }); feed.run();